Network traffic shaping.

Mike Kolesnik mkolesni at redhat.com
Thu Jul 11 06:35:05 UTC 2013

Hi Giuseppe,

The feature looks like it will be good to have.
I have some thoughts:

1. If the QoS is a different entity that you're creating when creating the network,
I think there should be an option to choose an existing QoS or create a new one,
say a combo box where you can choose an existing QoS (Then the parameters appear, but read-only)
or enter the name of a new QoS and fill the parameters by yourself.

2. What is the proposed permissions model?

3. Please consider how you would handle this in Setup Networks:
3.1. How will you handle only delta?
3.2. Are you going to handle this with regards to sync between host actual definition, and logical definition?
3.3. This would imply that you need to report this data back from VDSM and save it per host NIC..

4. In the DB change section you should specify which columns/constraints you're going to add.

Regards,
Mike