[ovirt-devel] ovirtsdk.infrastructure.errors.ConnectionError

Juan Hernandez jhernand at redhat.com
Thu Aug 21 16:06:55 UTC 2014

On 08/21/2014 06:00 PM, Denis Kirjanov wrote:
> Thanks Juan,
>
> Looks like the I can't create a socket... Interesting
>
> The last lines are:
> File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/ovirtsdk/web/httpsconnection.py", line 40, in connect
>     sock = socket.create_connection((self.host, self.port), self.timeout)
> File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/socket.py", line 567, in create_connection
>     raise error, msg
> error: [Errno 13] Permission denied

Not sure what application are you embedding the Python SDK into, but it
may well be that SELinux is denying it permission to create the socket
to the SELinux context of that application. Check the
/var/log/audit/audit.log file. If you see a related message there then
try to put SELinux in warning mode:

  # setenforce 0

Then try again. If SELinux is blocking the operation then you will need
to adjust some SELinux boolean or the SELinux policy.

3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain