[ovirt-devel] VDSM sync meeting minutes August 5th, 2014

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Wed Aug 6 10:28:14 UTC 2014

Yesterdays we discussed various pending issues, and among them:

- live merge for 3.5 has backported patches pending merge
  http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/q/status:open+project:vdsm+branch:ovirt-3.5+topic:livemerge-3.5,n,z

- jsonrpc inroduced logging Engine command arguments, equivalent to what
  we have in xmlrpc

- We have a ppc-specific bug - on vdsm restart, previously-running VMs
  are not recovered. This is very dangerous, as it may lead to Engine
  restarting the same VM elsewhere, causing data curruption.
  Michal found the bug and its cause - in ppc, we do not inject the vm uuid to
  the guest bios, and clientIF.isVDSMVm() fails to recognize such Vms.

  Is there a BZ open on that?

- There was an agreement that we configure libvirtd.log to be too
  verbose. Yaniv/Mooli, please consider something like my untested
  http://gerrit.ovirt.org/31135

Dan.