[ovirt-devel] Intro

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Fri Aug 8 12:14:10 UTC 2014

On 8 Aug 2014, at 02:43, Colin Coe wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I'm a long time RHEV admin (since 2.1/2.2 days).  I'm in the process of getting a dev workstation built to do some hacking to resolve some small issues that are explained below.
>
> 1)
> The business is moving to thin clients for specific users.  We're using IGEL thin clients in appliance mode.  We have a problem where if the user (in the User Portal) clicks on the "Client Resources" hyperlink, a new browse window comes up that the user cannot move or dismiss.
>
> I figure the  easiest way to resolve this is to put a "Close" button on the Client Resources page.  Would this be acceptable to the project?

What is the browser on the IGEL client? Are you talking about RHEV or oVirt? Either way it's a branding item..you can as well disable/remove the link completely as I suppose it's not really relevant on a thin client

> 2)
> In the power User Portal, VM descriptions are shown in parentheses.  In the "normal" User Portal the description is not shown.  I'd like to have the description shown in the normal User Portal also, maybe in parentheses on a new line between the VM name and the VM's icon.  Is this acceptable to the project?

should be easy enough. care to file a bug for it?

> 3)
> Lastly, the normal user portal shows the VM image and to get a console, a double click is required.  This is pretty much universally hated by our users  :(  The Power User Portal single click is loved by our users but I don't want to to give them the added capabilities in the Power User Portal.  Would it be acceptable to the project to change the double click to the same single click as in the Power User Portal?

there's a new button now in 3.5

Thanks,
michal