[ovirt-devel] Remote DataCenter/Cluster

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Thu Aug 21 10:12:20 UTC 2014

On 08/21/2014 05:00 AM, Sahina Bose wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We ran into a requirement where we need to mark a DataCenter or Cluster
> as remote. This is for the feature Gluster Geo-replication management -
> where the same oVirt instance will be managing both the master volume
> and as well as the remote site volume
>
> The reason we want to call out a Datacenter as remote, is to ensure that
> the polling frequency on this is different from one that is co-located.
>
> Is there a similar requirement for virtualization?
>
> thanks
> sahina

I thought in the gluster view there are no DCs, only clusters?
(actually, i wonder if we shouldn't consider the same for the virt use
case, and deprecate the DC entity, though that would be a major effort
and not sure worth it).

to your question, yes. there is a similar use case for virt - flagging a
DC or Cluster and Storage as remote for a DR use case.
though i don't think anyone spent cycles on modeling that