[ovirt-devel] Important change in UI plugins REST API integration

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Tue Dec 2 17:12:21 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

This announcement was about UI plugins in WebAdmin. If you use
Engine REST API without any GUI interaction involved, you aren't
affected in any way.

> > this reads a little like: you always need an open web gui
> > to be able to use REST, which does not make sense at all.

Sorry if my email confused you. It should read like: if you're
an author of oVirt UI plugin for WebAdmin, please beware that
REST API session ID (automatically acquired by UI plugin infra
on behalf of all UI plugins) will not work after GUI logout.