[ovirt-devel] 3.5.1 RC schedule [was Re: [ovirt-users] oVirt Weekly Sync Meeting: Dec. 10, 2014]

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Fri Dec 12 14:22:50 UTC 2014

Il 11/12/2014 10:45, Dan Kenigsberg ha scritto:
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 08:36:46AM +0100, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
>> Il 10/12/2014 16:54, Brian Proffitt ha scritto:
>>> (On time this week!)

>> [cut]
>>
>> Let's start the discussion and decision task.
>> We have an ETA on the last pending blocker for 3.5.1 on next week.
>> I suggest to postpone RC and GA after winter holidays.
>>
>> What about:
>> RC - 2015-01-07
>> GA - 2015-01-14
>
> Can we have a vdsm respin before that? We get repeated reports of bugs
> that are already solved in the stable branch.

Can you elaborate on what's the request?
1) have a VDSM async release which should go in http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/ovirt-3.5/ as stable release
2) have a "beta" in http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/ovirt-3.5-pre taking latest snapshot

If the request is 1, please provide the RPMs to be added to the stable repository.
If the request is 2, I can't see the added value from just enabling nightly 3.5 snapshot, run 'yum update "vdsm*"' and disable it.

I assume that not having replies to above dates other than this vdsm early release request means all the other agree with the proposed date.
Updating the calendar accordingly.

--
Sandro Bonazzola
See how it works at redhat.com