[ovirt-devel] UI Plugin to Upload ISO Files

Federico Simoncelli fsimonce at redhat.com
Mon Dec 15 17:33:22 UTC 2014

> From: "Alon Bar-Lev" <alonbl at redhat.com>
> To: "Federico Simoncelli" <fsimonce at redhat.com>

Agreed, although when we discussed how to coherently move large data
from/to the hosts it became obvious that messaging/broker is not the
right tool.

> once solution may be to obtain connection information from the control
> channel, but one of the "problems" that will nice to be solved is to stop
> initiating connections from manager.

Retrieving/pushing the REST GET/PUT endpoints from the control path
was exactly what we had in mind. WRT the direction I have no preference
(even though at the moment it's from manager to host and for simplicity
I wouldn't change it right away).

I am not sure if the current implementation is misleading but the fact
that download/uploadImage are something that don't belong to the control
path (regular APIs) should be clear for everyone.

--
Federico