[ovirt-devel] Github Repositories

David Caro dcaroest at redhat.com
Wed Jul 2 09:41:50 UTC 2014

On Wed 02 Jul 2014 11:26:08 AM CEST, Saggi Mizrahi wrote:
> For all those complaining about those projects not being on Gerrit.
>
> I can't create a gerrit-project or set my own policy for it.
> There is no open-source bug tracker so I have to wait until I
> get a fedora package and even than it's less than ideal.
> There is no place to put package documentation. Gerrit, unlike
> github has no "welcome page", It's important for us in to have
> that short explanation alongside the package.

You can always use the README file. That's what github shows anyhow.

> In short, it's just simpler for me to get a github project up and
> running than talking to numerous people about setting everything
> set up.
>
> But, since it appears that there is a strong discontent towards that
> way of doing thing I'll work with the respective parties to get
> things setup on gerrit.

Send email to infra at ovirt.org ccing Itamar with the name proposed for
the repo and the acl, once the name is agreed upon we'll create a
ticket with the info and solve it (it's easy to do, so it should not
take too much time to get it), including mirrors on github under ovirt
organization (https://github.com/ovirt), where you can see the 'welcome
page' if you like.