[ovirt-devel] virt-v2v integration feature

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Jul 10 09:08:26 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 01:04:48AM -0400, Oved Ourfali wrote:
> As for installing virt-v2v, I don't know if that's an issue to add a
> dependency on it, and to include it in all hosts supporting cluster
> level >= 3.6.  However, if it is an issue, then it can be selected
> at the host level when adding it, and the bootstrapping will install
> it. Then it will be used only on hosts that have this checked.

The new virt-v2v has considerably fewer dependencies than the previous
version.  In particular it no longer requires Perl, and libguestfs has
split dependencies too so you only "pay for" features required by your
guests (eg. if you don't need to support XFS guests, then you don't
need to pull in the XFS tools).

Rich.