[ovirt-devel] Fwd: Re: [ovirt-users] VDSM respawning too quickly

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Tue Jul 15 09:26:34 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Unfortunately there is no testing before pthreading is released,
and vdsm will take the latest version.

We need to rethink this dependency.

> I need to install a new host today and I hope it will
> work. Currently epel still offers 0.1.3-2 :(

Until 0.1.3-3 is available, the best solution is to downgrade
to 0.1.2.

0.1.3-2 is not compatible with older vdsm (ovirt version < 3.5)
0.1.3-1 has a critical bug that breaks thin provisioning on block storage
0.1.2 - is fine, and this is the minimal version required by vdsm