[ovirt-devel] Info related to display port allocation

Vinzenz Feenstra vfeenstr at redhat.com
Tue Jul 15 12:24:26 UTC 2014

Hi,

I just want to give all of you an update on a recently created bug on VDSM.
Until recently we had 2 ports allocated for spice one for tls and one
plain text.

We have now observed the behaviour on RHEL7 and I also did now on RHEL6 that
when all spice channels are marked as secure, only the tlsPort value is
set in the
domain xml. VDSM will report the non-tls port as 'port=-1'

For us this is a good thing since we're saving one port in these cases
and we're
encouraging users to use the ssl configuration anyway.

I just wanted to give you a heads up on this, in case anyone is assuming
the 'port'
value reported by getAllVmStats or list full=True API calls would be
returning any value
but -1.

--
Regards,

Vinzenz Feenstra | Senior Software Engineer
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D
Phone: +420 532 294 625
IRC: vfeenstr or evilissimo

See how it works at redhat.com