[ovirt-devel] "Host.queryVms": A proposal for new a VDSM API verb

Francesco Romani fromani at redhat.com
Tue Jul 22 12:00:05 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Nice! Both nice to have now and on top of json/push notifications tomorrow.
I just had a quick look to the changes to vm.py and to the interface
and looks nice as well.

[...]
> > I have executed some tests and in those tested scenarios the new Verb
> > can result in an improvement of 75%-90% of data transferred and average
> > response body size depending on the scenario and usage.
> >
> > The test results can be found here:
> > http://www.ovirt.org/Feature/VDSM_VM_Query_API/Measurements#Results
> > (An explanation of the tested methods is on the top of the page and a
> > description of the scenario in each section)

Nice graphs :)
Silly comment: having units in 'bytes' on the X-axis makes the numbers somehow
hard to parse (to me). I suggest you to convert them to KiB for better readability.
The savings look really nice.

Bests,

--
Francesco Romani