[ovirt-devel] VDSM mom dependancy on RHEL7

Adam Litke alitke at redhat.com
Wed Jul 23 16:00:36 UTC 2014

On 23/07/14 13:18 +0100, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
>On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 07:05:07AM -0400, Martin Polednik wrote:

Who is the person that is actually building the mom rpms for the
release?  It's actually not me :)  I am actually a bit confused about
how to handle this.  Since mom is actually an upstream project that is
used by people outside of oVirt releases, I have been maintaining
upstream packages in Fedora/epel.  We haven't really encountered a
situation where oVirt needs to ship something different than what is
upstream (but this may come to pass in the future).  A couple of
questions...

1) Should we even be building mom in the ovirt repos at all?

2) If we need to ensure a smooth upgrade between el6 and el7, does
this mean that I need to bump the el7 version every time I upgrade the
el6 packages?  This seems strange to me.  I think the better solution
is to not require a specific version of python (2.6, 2.7, etc) but
just < 3 until we support python3.

3) We should probably make vdsm depend on a specific version of MOM.
That way we can upgrade the fedora package but have an ovirt host stay
on a current stabilized version.

Adam Litke