[ovirt-devel] GetCaps for jsonrpc

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Thu Jun 5 13:49:49 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 05, 2014 at 02:35:01PM +0200, Piotr Kliczewski wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to see whether there are any suggestions how we can
> provide information like:
> - lastClient
> - lastClientIface - network interface on which client connected
>
> In the code prior to jsonrpc changes every time new request (new
> connection) was received clientIF threadLocal was updated with client
> information.
>
> This code was implemented in xml binding and now we need to provide
> similar information for jsonrpc. There is difference that we keep
> connection open for jsonrpc so we can't provide behavior as described
> above. We can update client information when connection is
> established.

That's fine by me - as long as the connection is established,
lastClientIface does not change anyway (if I understand correctly).

Bare in mind that lastClientIface is Vdsm's guess on the network
interface on top of which the client connection is comming through.

It is used when Vdsm is run on a fresh host, and Engine would like to
know on top of which interface should it configure the management
network
http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Normalized_ovirtmgmt_Initialization