[ovirt-devel] jQuery?

Greg Sheremeta gshereme at redhat.com
Thu Jun 5 15:51:08 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Namespace collision -- no. jQuery registers itself globally as '$' and 'jQuery',
and neither GWT itself nor our GWT code use those names anywhere.

However, there can be behavior conflicts. I'm currently debugging a problem
where tooltips aren't destroyed when grid refreshes happen. The jQuery widget
doesn't 'know' that the GWT widget it's attached to was destroyed :(

> - is jQuery expected to substantially affect performance / loading time
> on the client side or anything like that?

First-load time will be negligible and cached.

Mass-use of bad selectors could decrease browser performance. I think we should
very rarely use jQuery in oVirt. Usages of it should be very justifiable.

Greg