[ovirt-devel] [ovirt-users] Get involved in oVirt integration! June edition

René Koch rkoch at linuxland.at
Thu Jun 12 15:26:29 UTC 2014

Hi Sandro,

Sadly I don't have time to work on one of these bugs, but I have a
general question on how contributing to oVirt works. [2] explains in
detail how to push code to gerrit.

As I wanted to start contributing to oVirt I started with the easiest
way by extending the list of operating systems. So I created a bug for
this (1101219), pushed to code to gerrit (referenced to this bug id) and
Jenkins build job was successful. So I did everything mentioned in [2] -
but what now?

Shall I just wait and see what happens?
Should I post to ovirt-devel that someone will review the code?
Who decides which oVirt version will include this code or if this code
will be included or needs adaptions (I only know that a certain score in
gerrit is required and some developers are allowed to rate a commit)?

I'm aware that my commit isn't fancy at all and there's no need for any
priority, but just want to know what's the right workflow in case I have
more time to work on some bugs...

I guess these questions could be interesting for users (basically for
users who are not familiar with a professional development
setup/workflow including gerrit like me) who want to work on the bugs in
june edition as well...

Thanks,
René