[ovirt-devel] [oVirt 3.5 Localization Question #1] "Permissive"

Yuko Katabami ykatabam at redhat.com
Tue Jun 17 23:00:30 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I am a Brisbane-based translator working on oVirt 3.5 localization
project along with 5 other translators, each specialized in a different
locale.
Our localization cycle is just kicked off and I would like to post our
questions to this mailing list, just as I did for 3.4.
It would be greatly appreciated if you could help us by answering
questions, so that we can ensure accuracy of our translations, based on
the context.

Here is our first question.

*File:***LocalizedEnums*
**Resource ID:*** SELinuxMode___PERMISSIVE*
**Strings:*** Permissive
*Question:* Could someone explain to us how this appears in the Admin
Portal? (we currently do not have a demo environment and cannot check it
on the screen). Translators usually leave SELinux modes untranslated as
they appear in the command line in English, however this string starts
with the uppercase letter "P". We just wonder if this is used as
descriptive or it refers exactly the "permissive" mode as shown in the
terminal.

Kind regards,

Yuko Katabami