[ovirt-devel] Update on QEMU Snapshot Package in CentOS

Sven Kieske S.Kieske at mittwald.de
Wed Jun 18 09:16:57 UTC 2014

Am 18.06.2014 11:03, schrieb Andrew Cathrow:
> We deliver a different QEMU in RHEL than is delivered in RHEV and RHEL-OSP.
> In RHEL 6 there's a different set of features at compile time.
> In RHEL 7.x you'll see us shipping different releases - eg. rebasing onto a new QEMU version in RHEV/RHEL-OSP which is something that's not possible within RHEL.

Well thanks for the response
but the only new information that you provide is
that you will rebase qemu in rhev which "is not possible"
in rhel 7.

but I was asking for some kind of reasoning _why_
that's not possible _and_ additionally would like
to point out that no rebasing at all is needed as it's
just recompiling with one flag added.

I begin to think this has something to do with marketing
as there is apparently no technical reason to do this.

Of course I know that you can not simply introduce a new
version in rhel6, according to your update policy and
your qa.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards

Sven Kieske

Systemadministrator
Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG
Königsberger Straße 6
32339 Espelkamp
T: +49-5772-293-100
F: +49-5772-293-333
https://www.mittwald.de
Geschäftsführer: Robert Meyer
St.Nr.: 331/5721/1033, USt-IdNr.: DE814773217, HRA 6640, AG Bad Oeynhausen
Komplementärin: Robert Meyer Verwaltungs GmbH, HRB 13260, AG Bad Oeynhausen