[ovirt-devel] Failed to run "make rpm" on VDSM latest master

Saggi Mizrahi smizrahi at redhat.com
Sun Jun 29 09:29:35 UTC 2014

We have ioprocess in EPEL and brew builds for el6\7, and builds for f19\f20
in bodhi.

There is no such thing as "pushing to stable". In order to be deemed stable
a package has to sit there for 30 days without negative karma or get enough (3)
positive karma.

We have notified on the mailing list that ioprocess is in need for
karma. In any case, you should start getting used to fetching ioprocess
builds from updates-testing when working on the master branch as
we are not going to wait for a month before adding capabilities to VDSM
after adding a feature to ioprocess (or any other external dependency).

There is no reason for VDSM's master branch to only use RPMs from stable
repos. Quite the contrary, the reason that updates-testing exists is so
that consumers of the RPM can test the impending release and make sure it
works before it is delivered to the general public.

Further more, after using a build from updates-testing with VDSM and seeing
that it works it would be most appreciated if you supply give karma
to accelerate the process of getting a released to the stable repo.

For more information:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Updates_Testing

Links to builds:
https://brewweb.devel.redhat.com/packageinfo?packageID=47301