[ovirt-devel] Stable branch gerrit hook and Related-To: bug

David Caro dcaroest at redhat.com
Tue Sep 16 11:59:03 UTC 2014

On Thursday, August 28, 2014 01:37:13 PM David Caro wrote:
> On 08/27, Martin Sivak wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to ask if it might be possible for the gerrit hook to stop
> > giving -1 to patches that do not have bug-url, but have related-to.
> >
> > The reason for this is that I have a rather large patchset that is adding
> > a new feature. No single patch by itself fixes the referenced bug and
> > there are also patches that are not related to the feature itself, but
> > were backported because they did some refactoring that was needed for the
> > code to apply and/or work properly.
> I have a couple question, which of these should happen for the
> Related-To bugs?
>
> * Should it pass the same checks than a Bug-Url?
>   Most probably yes
>   Right now that is:
>     - Public
>     - Target release
>     - Product
> * Should it change the bug statuses too?
>   Most probably no

About this, the patches that have the Related-To should be taken into
account when changing the bug to MODIFIED?

If so the bug will not be changed to MODIFIED if the last open bug uses
Related-To tab instead og Bug-Url.

If not, you might end up with open patches added t a bug that is on
MODIFIED state.

And you will have bugs not on POST state that have external bugs, as
those bugs will not change the status.

Is that ok? I can add a message to one of the fields of the bug so
it's easy to see it's a related bug.