[ovirt-devel] OVIRT-3.5-TEST-DAY-3: NUMA support

Greg Padgett gpadgett at redhat.com
Fri Sep 19 19:36:00 UTC 2014

Hi,

I was slated to test NUMA support along with Adam Litke.  As we had to
borrow a NUMA-enabled host (thanks Gilad) to perform the tests, I
coordinated with Adam to get the testing done and ended up using the host
most of the day.  Tests performed:

Basic sanity test: create/start/stop/destroy VMs with varying NUMA
configurations.  The running VMs appeared to have the correct NUMA node
assignments (presuming the libvirt xml was respected), and everything
worked as expected.

REST API: GET operations succeeded and appeared correct for the various
NUMA-related VM and Host resources.  I didn't get the opportunity to
perform the POST/PUT/DELETE operations.

UI: I built the engine and webadmin with some pending patches to get this
functionality.  I was cautioned that the patches were fairly new, but
nevertheless I was able to create VMs with varying NUMA configurations,
and didn't notice any regressions.

Thanks,
Greg