[ovirt-devel] Change functionality of some DB common functions

Eli Mesika emesika at redhat.com
Sun Sep 21 10:48:07 UTC 2014

Hi

Up to now , using some common DB functions of delete/rename/change type of column were exiting silently if you had a typo in the table/column name
We had a DWH patch made by Shirly that had changed column type for several columns but one of the changes had a typo in the column name
This was only found bu QE and potentially could passed QE and found only in production.

I had changes those functions not to allow such cases in patch http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/32959
I think that this is a minor change for developers that will get exceptions now for such mistakes , but the benefit for production is clear and obvious to me.

I will be glad to get your feedback on this patch

Thanks
Eli Mesika