[ovirt-devel] [vdsm] vdsm hosts clock sync

Barak Azulay bazulay at redhat.com
Tue Apr 7 15:50:22 UTC 2015

When you say libvirt present this feature than it means there need to be a single libvirt that report this down time (either source or destination),
And the accuracy relies on the time between src & dst to be in sync.

So when you assume clocks are in sync than the reported downtime is accurate.
We assume hosts time are in sync (and we recommend use NTP on all hypervisors + engine for that).

So I don't understand what calculation you need to do.

> Solutions can be:
> 1. report back to the user that hosts are drifting

IIRC we already have an event on this

> 2. sync the hosts time automatically

this is the role of NTP (and we assume the hosts are in sync)