[ovirt-devel] Annoucing the 1st oVirt infra hackathon - join the fun!

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Wed Apr 29 13:37:42 UTC 2015

Hi to all dev & infra members of the oVirt project.

As you know (or not :) , the infra team handles many resources and systems that supports the oVirt project.
Some are visible like gerrit or jenkins, and some are in the background like puppet, foreman, data-centers maintenance, monitoring, jenkins job builder and many more..

As an effort to reduce open issues and tickets [1], we decided to do the 1st infra hackathon so we can join forces for a single
concentrated day and try to resolve as many tickets as possible.

We've created a Google sheet for it [2], so anyone from the community can volunteer and help out, even if he's not an infra member!
This is also a great opportunity for new community members that wish to join the team or just get dirty with some "devops" tasks...

Each task has a 'verifier' column which includes all infra members or people from the ovirt project who can assist with code review, help, verification. [3]
If you see a task in [1] and feel like you'd want to take it on, feel free to add it to [2] if it's not there.

An exact date will be published soon, but might be as early as next week, so make sure to write your name on a task if you're interested!

note: infra team availability during the hackathon might be limited, and only urgent issues will be handled.

happy hacking,

oVirt Infra Team

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/report/1
[2] http://goo.gl/QtWVJ3
[3] if you think you can help as a reviewer, please add your name in sheet2.