[ovirt-devel] [HC] Weird issue while deploying hosted-engine

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Thu Feb 12 13:16:34 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Sandro Bonazzola" <sbonazzo at redhat.com>
> "Yedidyah Bar David" <didi at redhat.com>, "Simone Tiraboschi" <stirabos at redhat.com>, devel at ovirt.org, "Michal
> Skrivanek" <mskrivan at redhat.com>
> Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2015 2:55:57 PM
> Subject: [HC] Weird issue while deploying hosted-engine
>
> While deploying Hosted Engine on Hyper Converged Gluster Storage I've hit the
> following issue.
>
> ovirt-hosted-engine-setup:
>
> [ INFO  ] Engine replied: DB Up!Welcome to Health Status!
>           Enter the name of the cluster to which you want to add the host
>           (Default) [Default]:
> [ INFO  ] Waiting for the host to become operational in the engine. This may
> take several minutes...
> [ INFO  ] Still waiting for VDSM host to become operational...
>
> Accessed to the engine, VM and engine working correctly, installed using 3.5
> snapshot repositories.
> host-deploy started on the host (see attached logs) and got stuck at:
>
> 2015-02-12 13:08:33 DEBUG otopi.plugins.otopi.dialog.machine
> dialog.__logString:215 DIALOG:SEND       ### Response is VALUE
> TIME=type:value or ABORT TIME

Not sure about the rest, but this seems to be some time checking issue.
Did not check the sources, only my own host-deploy logs. My guess:

otopi (internal plugin?) checks the system clock. It tries ntpq, which
failed for you, then chronyc - on my system, you do not seem to have it -
and then just asks the engine for the time, and perhaps the engine does
not know how to reply. Try installing chrony.
--
Didi