[ovirt-devel] Current status of numa integration?

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Sun Feb 22 12:16:30 UTC 2015

On 20/02/15 19:08, Sven Kieske wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what is the exact current state of numa integration in currently
> released ovirt versions (3.5.1)? and what are the plans for 3.5.z
> and 3.6?
>
> the wiki page is fairly outdated and could need an update:
>
> http://www.ovirt.org/Features/NUMA_and_Virtual_NUMA
>
> Thanks in advance

Hi Sven,
Thanks for raising this. I agree the feature page needs some love.
The good news are that NUMA support is fully operational.
You can pin virtual nodes to physical nodes in el6 and el7, or let the
scheduler to handle placement for you in el7 (autonuma works better than
numad).

Let me know if you have specific questions,
Doron