[ovirt-devel] Gerrit restart

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Mon Feb 23 11:33:24 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

It seem to work but there are few issues:

1. Vertical and horizontal scrolling in the commit message pane
   The new version assume that the commit message is limited to
   about 70 characters, which is not true practically.
   The commit message must include sometimes much wider content,
   and the view should display correctly our data instead of
   trying to force the views of the tool authors.
   Example: http://gerrit.ovirt.org/36593

2. The changes view (http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/dashboard/self)
   Show a new "Status" column, which has two issues:
   - Showing "Draft" or "Merge Conflict" - these are separate
     concepts
   - Showing "Merge Conflict" when there is no merge conflict
     Example: http://gerrit.ovirt.org/38044

3. The new "Conflict with" pane seems incorrect about patches
   which do not conflict (at least not when merged in the correct
   order of dependencies).
   Example: http://gerrit.ovirt.org/37727

So this seems to be a regression. Can we test such upgrades
with our data before we deploy them?

Nir