[ovirt-devel] [DB] Diffrent UUIDs for inserted data per installation

Lior Vernia lvernia at redhat.com
Thu Jan 29 12:46:40 UTC 2015

Apologies for the late response...

On 25/01/15 13:44, Moti Asayag wrote:

> [...]

Looks okay to have a static ID for the default MAC pool.

>> [permissions] : id, object_id
>>
>> [vm_device]: device_id, vm_id
>>
>> [vm_static] : vm_guid
>>
>> [vnic_profiles] : id
>>

> Added Lior to comment. In any case, we can evaluate the id by querying
> by name, hence the specific value id value shouldn't be important.

We don't need to have distinct IDs by installation, however the current
upgrade script creating the IDs (03_03_0710) creates one for each
existing network, and every deployment will have its own networks... If
your change might affect upgrades from versions < 3.3, then I don't see
how you could achieve this using static IDs.