[ovirt-devel] vdsm to require newer pyflakes on el6

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Tue Jan 6 21:42:40 UTC 2015

As mentioned on http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/36434/ , vdsm's `make
pyflakes` has been broken so that it gives a false sense of security, as
it tests very few modules.

During this period, we've acquired code that triggers
    pyflakes-0.4.0-2.el6.noarch.rpm
of epel6.

./vdsm/sos/vdsm.py.in:25: redefinition of unused 'RedHatPlugin' from line 22
./vdsm/sos/vdsm.py.in:25: redefinition of unused 'Plugin' from line 22
./vdsm/virt/guestagent.py:144: redefinition of function 'guestDiskMapping' from line 140
vdsm/get-conf-item:11: redefinition of unused 'config' from line 8
vdsm/set-conf-item:13: redefinition of unused 'config' from line 10
make: *** [pyflakes] Error 1

I suggest requiring Vdsm developers to use a newer version of pyflakes, even on
el6, such as the one provided by
http://danken.fedorapeople.org/pyflakes-0.8.1-3.el6.noarch.rpm
as the alternative is to add silly code in order to quiesce an ancient pyflakes.

This would server as a stop-gap until we live up to our plan of including pep8
and pyflakes as git submodules, so that all vdsm developers use the same
verification tool on all platforms.

Dan.