[ovirt-devel] [RFC] Introducing VM Icons

Jakub Niedermertl jniederm at redhat.com
Wed Jan 14 18:46:57 UTC 2015

Hi Einav,

current plan is that icon of will not be editable and will be simply copied form the template the pool is based on. I believe that there is not much need to edit icon of pool since pool are not directly visualized using icons in Userportal.

AFAIK pools (even those containing multiple VMs) are displayed as one entity in Userportal. So icon of the pool will be used. Internally there will be an icon stored in each VM object in case of detaching from pool. Editing the icon will only be possible after detaching.

(This is only first shot. It's not supposed to be comprehensive but rather small coherent step to improve user experience. Of course there is plenty of room for enhancements.)

Best regards.
Jakub