[ovirt-devel] Engine on Fedora 21

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Thu Jan 29 22:53:27 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

AFAIK our code and/or jboss 7.1 are not compatible with java 1.8.

It might work with openjdk 1.7, if one is shipped in f21 or installed using some other means.

> Sandro, if you can offer any help, that would be great.

As you can see from the wiki [1] and the links from it (to other wiki pages
and bugzilla bugs), Sandro is already tracking this.

Obviously, the proper solution will be that some Java developers will fix ovirt
to work with java 1.8 and with wildfly. Not sure what this means in practice.
openjdk 1.7 is soon eol, so even if it works, we'll eventually have to bite the
bullet and migrate.

I am replying mostly because I guess Sandro will not read email until Monday...

[1] http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Fedora_21_Support
--
Didi