[ovirt-devel] Fedora 20 is not supported any more on master

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Sun May 17 05:41:42 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

I'd like to understand the support/build matrix with this change.

Fedora 22 is to be released 2015-05-26. We currently do not build the engine for it,
and I understand we do not intend to, until the port to wildfly/java8 is done. Right?
Any ETA for that?

We do build "everything" for fedora 21, but [1] says it will not be supported.
Is this still true?

We do not build vdsm, at least, for el6, and it's not intended to be supported anymore.

We also build "everything" for el7.

So it turns out that the only distro fully supported is el7, and no version of
fedora will be supported until the port to f22/wildfly/java8 is finished. Indeed?

Not sure how long we can/want to be in this state.

[1] http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Fedora_21_Support

> > On 05/14, Nir Soffer wrote:
> >> Hi infra,
> >>
> >> Please disable the fedora 20 jobs [1] for vdsm master. This job is
> >> relevant only
> >> for ovirt-3.5 branch.
> >>
> >> Fedora 20 will be EOL at a about a month, and we require now libvirt
> >> version
> >> which is not available even on Fedora 20 virt-preview [2].
> >>
> >> [1]
> >> http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_master_install-rpm-sanity-fc20_created/1527
> >> [2] https://gerrit.ovirt.org/40069
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Nir

> Sandro Bonazzola
> Better technology. Faster innovation. Powered by community collaboration.
> See how it works at redhat.com

Didi