[ovirt-devel] [oVirt 3.6 Localization Question #1] "The Host emulated machine flags doesn't match any of the emulated machines supported by the cluster level."

Yuko Katabami ykatabam at redhat.com
Tue May 19 11:48:26 UTC 2015

On 05/19/2015 08:21 PM, Eldan Shachar wrote:

> [...]
Hi Eldan,

Thank you very much for your reply.
> It's indeed related to the "-M" flag so it can probably stay in English, based on LocalizedEnums_de_DE.properties(and others), it seems NonOperationalReason___EMULATED_MACHINES_INCOMPATIBLE_WITH_CLUSTER was fully translated and wasn't left as "EmulatedMachine" so it's a close call.
In previous version, I translated this string literally (without knowing
what emulated machines do in oVirt).

Recently I heard from a solution architect that it means "types of
virtual machine to be emulated", so I applied it to my Japanese
translation as it should make a better sense to Japanese users, but this
may depend on the language.
I suppose we have several options (translate, not to translate,
translate descriptively).

> Extended explanation on the error-
> Each cluster-level has a list of acceptable emulated-machines for its hosts, and each host has a list of emulated-machines that it can use. the error is displayed if the host can't provide any of the emulated machines which are supported by the cluster.
Thank you very much. This is very helpful.

BTW, there are a couple of grammatical error in the string.
Would you like me to file a bug?

Kind regards,

Yuko