[ovirt-devel] Fedora 25 and ovirt-engine-sdk-python

Juan Hernández jhernand at redhat.com
Tue Nov 15 07:36:57 UTC 2016

On 11/15/2016 08:21 AM, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> Il 15/Nov/2016 09:17, "Yaniv Kaul" <ykaul at redhat.com
> <mailto:ykaul at redhat.com>> ha scritto:
>>

>> On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 9:03 AM, Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com
> <mailto:sbonazzo at redhat.com>> wrote:

> my ovirt-engine-sdk-python to 3.6.3.0-2.fc25 - while I am happily
> running with ovirt-engine-sdk-python-3.6.9.1-1.fc24.noarch

>>> You can keep fc24 repos but you need to explicitly set 24 instead of
> $releasever in your .repo file.
>>

>> Yes, I know, but I don't see why I'd do that (I usually install
> whatever I need directly from ovirt.org <http://ovirt.org>).
>> My question is if we need to rebuild.
>> Y.
>>

> If we want to add support for fc25 yes we should.

Actually I think that what happens here is that the package is part of
Fedora, but I haven't updated it recently. That is why it is asking you
to downgrade: the version in Fedora is older than the version in the
oVirt repos. I will update the Fedora packages today, that should solve
your problem, but it will take some time because the packages have to
get positive Karma, or wait several days before they can be published.

3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain