[ovirt-devel] [Call for Vote] moVirt as a Full oVirt Project

Michal Skrivanek mskrivan at redhat.com
Mon Nov 21 20:56:06 UTC 2016

> On 21 Nov 2016, at 21:09, Eyal Edri <eedri at redhat.com> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 9:52 PM, Michal Skrivanek <mskrivan at redhat.com> wrote:
>>

>> > On 21 Nov 2016, at 19:48, Vojtech Szocs <vszocs at redhat.com> wrote:

True. Though...I do appreciate the offer to look into it(I hope I didn't misunderstand:), but honestly there are more urgent things to resolve with lago stability...that is way more important at the moment IMHO

>> What artifacts? The final APK? Why? It's not a yum repo.
>
> The fact we're only hosting RPMs (not entirely right, we host images as well) doesn't mean we can't host anything else, we're actually working on support for building/deploying containers.
> I'm sure we can find a way if the project owner wants it.

It is surely doable, but it doesn't give us much. The availability as a github release is good enough for development, and the "official" package is delivered through google play anyway

>> No
>> That should never be imposed on any new project. If someone loves slow outdated tools, so be it, but for new projects I again do not see us promoting it in future
>
> I agree this point is less relevant, and each project can handle his own tracking ( but again, if he will want to be released as part of oVirt and not independently, then I'm not sure he'll have a choice but to align )

I'm not sure, I do think we will want to move off for more and more parts of ovirt. How to keep a unified approach is to be seen indeed, we certainly don't want to diverse too much....

>> We do mirror it IIRC (or it may have been cockpit-ovirt), it's just the other way around - the master copy is at github

>> You're missing the point it's not a yum repo.
>
> See my comments above on supporting other artifacts than rpms.
>
> I think you're missing the point of the advantages such a project can get by joining, instead of managing its infra himself ( if it has any ),
> It gets a massive CI/CD infrastructure already built and working, and will be able to do integration / testing with a real oVirt instance (using OST for e.g).

I do not see a problem to do that once we get that far.  I really don't, but currently it's premature. We do not have a support, we do not have such tests...

Thanks,
michal