[ovirt-devel] Host deploy fails due to missing Ansible playbook (engine dev env)

Fred Rolland frolland at redhat.com
Sun Nov 5 14:58:15 UTC 2017

Hi,

When I try to add a new host in an engine running in a dev environment I
get the following error:

2017-11-05 16:05:28,544+02 WARN
[org.ovirt.engine.core.common.utils.ansible.AnsibleExecutor]
(EE-ManagedThreadFactory-engine-Thread-18)
[350cd700-493b-4259-8d7a-0e63a06f6cd8] Playbook
'/home/frolland/ovirt-engine/share/ovirt-engine/../ovirt-ansible-roles/playbooks/ovirt-host-deploy.yml'
does not exist, please ensure that ovirt-ansible-roles package is properly
installed.

Installing 'ovirt-ansible-roles' does not solve anything as the host-deploy
process tries to run the playbook on a location relative to where the
engine is running.

I manually copied the playbook as a workaround.

Can we have a more robust solution when running engine in dev mode ?

Thanks,
Freddy