[Engine-devel] Maven 3 here we come!

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Thu May 24 06:50:32 UTC 2012

On 23/05/12 19:58, snmishra at linux.vnet.ibm.com wrote:

> New to maven. Using rhel6.2, and installed maven 3.0.4. Changed path to pick this version instead of 2.2.1 I was using before.
>
> when running "mvn clean install" I see -
>
> Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-install-plugin/2.3.1/maven-install-plugin-2.3.1.pom
>
> It doesn't look right, shouldn't it be maven3 instead of maven2 ?

Sharad, Maven works with plugins for various tasks. Each plugin is a Maven artifact with its own version.
The install plugin handles installation tasks to local repository. You can read more about it here: http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-install-plugin/
So in this case, your Maven 3 is using a plugin called maven-install, and the /plugin's/ version is 2.3.1.
That's perfectly fine.

> Do we need to update the "Maven personal settings" section on http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Building_Ovirt_Engine
>
> At least the part where it says "maven 3.x will not work". How about ~/.m2/settings.xml ?

Thanks for the reminder- wiki updated. No change needed for the settings.xml file, or its location.

> -Sharad
>
> Quoting Eyal Edri <eedri at redhat.com>:

/d

"This message is made with 100% recycled electrons. No new atoms were destroyed in the making of this message."