Your message to Arch awaits moderator approval

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Mon Nov 26 18:08:11 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 11/26/2012 05:09 PM, Doron Fediuck wrote:
> Dave, that's a good question, which I thought of before writing my initial mail.
> The simple answer is: "I don't know for sure". Actually is there a way for me to list
> the members of a specific list?

Only for admins, I'm afraid.

> I know there are many users in subscribed to relevant lists (for vdsm, infra, etc), but
> removing one or more from a thread can actually become an insult. So as a habit I really
> prefer to avoid it.
>
> I really hope that 10 recipients along with mailman removing redundancy
> will do the trick.

Actually, Karsten already upped the limit to 20, so the question is moot.

>> Ooh, I didn't know Mailman would do that, that's a great idea. (I
>> always
>> like to remove all the extra recipients, but sometimes you don't know
>> who is on the list or not.)

This is a per-user setting - "Avoid duplicate emails". I imagine that
the option was set to false by default (I always set it to true). This
has a double effect - if someone sends an email to the mailing list with
you CCed, you only get the email once, and your address is removed from
the CC list.

It's not possible for us to change the option for everyone without
hacking the database, but anyone who would like to have this option on
can change it themselves on the listinfo page (and if you check "Change
globally", it will be set for all lists on the server at the same time).

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13