Puppet update

Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden ewoud+ovirt at kohlvanwijngaarden.nl
Tue Oct 9 15:57:57 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 11:44:19AM -0400, Eyal Edri wrote:
> i think its worth trying to install a 'all-in-one-box' solution with
> foreman+puppet [1]
I agree. You'll find plenty of my patches in there to tailor it to my
employers needs :)

> [1] http://theforeman.org/projects/foreman/wiki/Using_Puppet_Module_ready_to_use

We installed foreman from the foreman installer and then used those as a
basis to extend our foreman environment. So the master is actually
managing itself.

> > Anything else I forgot?
>
> we can add any server we have, even gerrit or wiki, and make sure
> services are up.
Not sure if we should use puppet or a monitoring solution for this.
given we're moving mediawiki to openshift I think we might need a
monitoring service.

> for example, puppet can make sure gerrit service is up and running all
> the time..  or httpd service is running for www.ovirt.org
Services like gerrit we can manage. Of course not a guarantee, but
`service gerrit status` is a good first step.

> ntpd will be a good idea for all servers we well.
Good one.