Rackspace hosts dns entries

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri May 31 15:51:53 UTC 2013

On 05/31/2013 07:46 AM, David Caro wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Rackspace hsots can be now accessed from jenkins.ovirt.org with the
> names rackspace01.ovirt.org and rackspace02.ovirt.org.

I know we otherwise have to use VPN to access. I like this style of
having to go through a bastion host to access the real hosts. We should
be able to add anyone to the VPN so the team doesn't have to go through
jenkins.ovirt.org. We probably shouldn't open ssh to any host for
various reasons.

Thoughts from others on best remote access with these parameters?

> The admins[1] already have access using ssh keys, and sudo without
> password so you can reset your own password
>
> I started installing puppet 3.2.1 on rackspace01 with no success (yet).
>
> Also aany *.rackspace01.ovirt.org subdomain points to
> rackspace01.ovirt.org (the same with rackspace02). So we can set up
> unlimited vhosts if needed.
>
> [1] From here http://www.ovirt.org/Infrastructure_team_administrators

David, this is fantastic. Thanks for pushing through to make this
happen. The final install steps were even crazier than I thought they
would be.

- Karsten