[Kimchi-devel] [RFC] should we allow to stop network when there are some templates linked to this network.

Zhou Zheng Sheng zhshzhou at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Apr 9 02:07:34 UTC 2014

on 2014/04/08 22:51, Sheldon wrote:
> As we all know we should not stop network when are some running vms
> linked to this network.
>
> But what about only stop vms linked to this network?
> And what about only templates linked to this network?

Here's my understanding of the relationship between template and network.

It should be okay to create a template with a network that is not
started, or stop a network when there is no running VM. The template is
a static configuration, it should only check if a network exists. The
live checks should only be performed just before a VM is actually started.

--
Thanks and best regards!

Zhou Zheng Sheng / 周征晟
E-mail: zhshzhou at linux.vnet.ibm.com