[Kimchi-devel] About the pre-integration test

Shu Ming shuming at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Jan 15 08:05:12 UTC 2014

Hi,

After running the full unit-test cases by "sudo ./run_test.sh", I found
the test cases were broken in all platforms including Fedora 20, Fedora
18, Ubuntu 12.04. I am not sure which patch broke it, but I think we
should make sure all the existing unit-test cases passed before
integration.

To the maintainer, please enforce it when merging the patches. To the
patch's submitter, please do a full unit test before submitting your
patches into the mailing lists. It is very common for a new patch to
trigger other test case's failure which seems non-related. Please make
your code clean by the unit test cases. The unit test cases may take one
minute, but it will save other's time in hours.