[Kimchi-devel] Open Discussion: Introduce 3rd party jquery widget library for kimchi

Yu Xin Huo huoyuxin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jan 21 08:48:58 UTC 2014

I failed to get a jquery widget library with *design, quality,
maintenance, license, scope* that truely fit into kimchi UI needs.
So the only widget library we will go with is jquery-ui which evolves
very slow with many missing useful widgets.

By this way, we will need to design & develop our own widgets specially
for kimchi.
This will be a long term task, for any reusable UI component in the
future feature development, let us make it a jquery widget.
Mei Na has already created several jquery widgets and applied to kimchi.

I will take responsibility to review UI patch strictly in the future
feature development to identify any potential UI component for jquery
widget.

For anyone interested in this jquery widget library topic and with some
constructive ideas, welcome to continue to discuss with me.

I got one jquery charting library with a MIT license. This can be a
backup, if in the future, we got heavy use of charting capabilities. We
can evaluate and get it leveraged.
     http://www.jqplot.com/docs/files/MIT-LICENSE-txt.html