[Kimchi-devel] [RFC] Support to Open vSwitch (ovs) interfaces

Royce Lv lvroyce at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Jun 11 03:27:30 UTC 2014

On 2014年06月10日 21:54, Rodrigo Trujillo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am willing code and add support to Open vSwitch (ovs) interfaces in
> Kimchi.
> Seems this technology is used in some hosts/environments.
>
> Have you guys already thought about this ?
>
> More info:
> http://openvswitch.org
> http://kashyapc.com/2013/07/13/configuring-libvirt-guests-with-an-open-vswitch-bridge

Supportive to your plan, Rodrigo! We do need some advanced network
functions for kimchi now.

With open vswitch our network functionality will be enhanced with no doubt,
as open vswitch is targeted for multi-server deploy and to supply more
flexibility and mobility,
REF:
http://git.openvswitch.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=openvswitch;a=blob_plain;f=WHY-OVS;hb=HEAD

We can add (or enable) this part when we support multi-server deploy so
that all features can take effect.
But of course, we can start to add some basic support now and just use
ovs as bridge at present.