[Kimchi-devel] RFC: smt support

Christy Perez christy at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Jun 27 14:23:45 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-06-27 at 08:41 +0800, Sheldon wrote:
> On 06/27/2014 06:27 AM, Christy Perez wrote:
> > Quick poll for adding support for
> > <cpu>
> >      <topology sockets='1' cores='2' threads='1'/>
> > </cpu>
> Affinity also support ?
>
> VCPU pinning to some physical
Yes, all those should be added as well. The complexity in adding the
right combinations, per-system feature validation, kinds of errors they
might generate, etc., made me think that for now, it might be better to
start with a smaller, more commonly used feature, and then add the
others piece-wise in the same way. A more agile approach.