[Users] Testing LDAP support.

Sharad Mishra snmishra at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Apr 9 17:19:23 UTC 2012

Hi,

	I was able to successfully test simple authentication support of IBM
Directory Server (IDS) in ovirt. Next step is to test "DIGEST-MD5"
support. This protocol is currently supported by my test IDS. But I get
-

javax.naming.CommunicationException: [LDAP: error code 2 - Protocol
Error]

 When a call is made to construct InitialDirContext with following
settings -

 {java.naming.provider.url=ldap://ldapserver.ibm.com:389,
 java.naming.factory.initial=com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory,
java.naming.security.principal=uid=1234567,c=us,ou=ldapserver,o=ibm.com,
 java.naming.security.authentication=DIGEST-MD5 GSSAPI,
 java.naming.security.credentials=password,
 java.naming.referral=follow,
 java.naming.ldap.attributes.binary=objectGUID}

	Do you know what could be going wrong here? I think its something wrong
with my usage and not in code.

	What test cases were run to verify RedHat DS support? I can try to run
the same for IBM DS before posting the patch.

Thanks
Sharad Mishra
IBM