[Users] oVirt 3.0 and FreeIPA

Thomas Thompson sdb.tomcat at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 15:30:08 UTC 2012

Hello.  I have a quick question regarding FreeIPA and oVirt.

Back at the end of Feb, there was some discussion on a bug w/ using FreeIPA
and oVirt (oVirt seeing the defaultnamingcontext attribute and assuming
it's AD rather than FreeIPA) on this list.  I've run into this with the
oVirt and FreeIPA packages with Fedora 16.  The thread ended w/o a
work-around, so I'm wondering if there's some progress on this front.  I
need this since I want to provide SPICE based access to VMs for a small set
of users in a test deployment, and oVirt doesn't have a way to add users
outside of integration with a directory service (AFAIK).  Thanks.

-T.J.