[Users] Setting up test nodes

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Tue Jul 3 12:48:10 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

TL;DR: how do I setup a software node (faqemu) with apps from source?

I'm new to the oVirt world and coming from the lower layer, I must admin
I feel kind of confused.

I'm trying to create a "lab" with ovirt-engine (up and running), some
ovirt-node (with sw qemu) and ovirt-node with all the stack running on
git sources (qemu, libvirt, vdsm and ovirt-node). The problem is that I
only tried this before with ovirt-node ISO image and I don't know how
can I step in there and work with the system underneath.

The whole point of this is to help speed up problem-solving in the
future for problems related to mostly libvirt. Having this available
should help us a lot.

My main question is: What is the proper way to setup a node from
standard fedora installation (not ISO) and having software-emulated qemu
machine there?

Thanks in advance for any tips and have a nice day,
Martin