[Users] Problem running virtual machines

jose garcia johnny.cummings at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 09:15:22 UTC 2012

On 07/27/2012 09:36 AM, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 07/26/2012 07:38 PM, jose garcia wrote:
>> Apologies, version is 3.1.0-0.1.20120620git6ef9f8.fc17
>>
>> On 07/26/2012 05:18 PM, jose garcia wrote:
>>> Good evening,
>>>
>>> I am running oVirt 3.
>>>
>>> I am not sure if the source of the problem is oVirt or KVM/qemu but
>>> the machines run really slow since some days ago. There are some
>>> warnings regarding iscsi storage latency in the oVirt portal but the
>>> behaviour is also present with NFS storage.
>>>
>>> There are no visible errors either in engine.log or vdsm.log.
>>> Var/log/messages in the node shows over and over:
>>>
>>>     /usr/sbin/irqbalance: Load average increasing, re-enabling all
>>>     cpus for irq balancing
>>>

> what type of storage? what networking from host to storage?

Good morning,

I have got two nodes for an iSCSI datacenter and another for a NFS
datacenter. The machines run slow whatever the datacenter or node is
used (all run fedora 17, recently updated).

Networking is basic. Only ovirtmgmt bridge and one network interface is
used per node.

What is strange is that the VMs seem to run without any problem, only
they take more time to perform any activity. That, of course, causes
problems to ovirt-engine and the delays tend to set a node in a
non-operational state, specially when installing.